Re: can't open .ly file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: can't open .ly file
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:37:03 +0200

Themis Matsoukas wrote:
Well..., no, I forgot about convert-ly. However, I cannot find it on the menu and when I invoke it the terminal, I receive tcsh: convert-ly: Command not found. This confuses me because I thought that convert-ly is installed along with lilypond. Am I missing something?
I've never used LilyPond on a Mac myself, but as far as I can understand, there is an option "Update syntax" in the compile menu for LilyPond, see the section
"Updating with convert-ly" in the manual.
If you want to run convert-ly or any other of the utility programs from the command
line, please first read the section "Notes for the MacOS X app".

   /Mats