Re: Volunteering with LilyPond

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Volunteering with LilyPond
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:42:56 +0100

On 06.01.2008 (17:15), Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2008/1/6, Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden>:
> > I'd love to be able to write
> > \rehearsalmarks{alphabetic} or \setlenght{betweensystemspace}{2em} if
> > someone writes a package that includes it.
>
> What, you mean something like:
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=368

Something like it, yes. Great to see the example. But I also had something
more general in mind: a set of macros to avoid any direct fiddling with
scheme altogether, sth. like LaTeX in relation to plain TeX. I really,
really hate things like  Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-8
. 4), and it shouldn't be necessary to write something like that for
something as common as adjusting the vertical spacing. OK, if you want to
slant your stems by 5 degrees, then it would be nice to have the option,
but all the \once \override and #'(stencil bla bla) stuff should be made
much easier.

If someone cares to do it, that is...

eyolf

--
Besides, REAL computers have a rename() system call.    :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <address@hidden>