Re: Volunteering with LilyPond

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Volunteering with LilyPond
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:26:45 +0100

On 07.01.2008 (12:14), Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

>> I don't find the \overrides very hard to understand; it's one of the
>> very first thing I knew how to achieve in LilyPond (Bertalan's plugin
>> LilyPondTool helped me a lot to understand it, though).
>>
> Well, actually it was what made me start implementing the plugin: I also
> wanted to understand \override :-)

\overrides in themselves are not so hard to understand, but in many cases,
the scheme code that is needed in the construction seems more complicated
than necessary for simple tasks -- it takes a lot of work, looking up
things to get things right. Besides, once one draws in \set and \tweak
along with \override, it's not so simple anymore...

Challenge:  Time?
Answer:  A brilliant, many-faceted gem.

Challenge:  Time?
Answer:  A dark stone, reflecting no visible light.

  -- Fremen wisdom, from The Riddle Game