Re: markup dynamics wrong size

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: markup dynamics wrong size
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 01:58:56 -0700

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:33:34 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anybody know why this LSR entry isn't included in the Snippet
> List of the GDP
> documentation.

Because it isn't tagged with "docs".  I think there's still a lot
of snippets that could/should be included in the Snippet Lists,
but:
1)  somebody needs to identify them
2)  somebody needs to make sure those snippets work and have good
style
3)  the only two volunteers for LSR are doing more useful stuff
(Neil as general fixit man, and Valentin slowly doing NR 1.8)

*shrug*

The technical side is quite simple: a trusted LSR editor only
needs to click something like 3-5 times make a snippet
automagically appear in the docs.  The problem is simply finding
volunteers.

And no, I'm not going to be involved in training and weeding out
people for this task.  And I don't suggest that Neil do it;
there's too many technical problems that require his know-how and
git access to solve.

*IF* anybody is willing to this, and *IF* Valentin has the
time/inclination to train them, all well and good.  If not, this
part fo the docs will continue to be not-so-good.

> Since it only works under 2.11, it certainly would be
> more relevant to
> have there than in LSR, for the moment.

In this case, it should be removed from LSR and placed in
input/new/.

Cheers,
- Graham