Re: markup dynamics wrong size

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: markup dynamics wrong size
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:19:41 +0200

2008/8/8 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Because it isn't tagged with "docs".  I think there's still a lot
> of snippets that could/should be included in the Snippet Lists,
> but:

Hem, IIRC *I* had initially tagged quite a lot of snippets that *you*
made me un-tag :-)

I think the documentation has tremendously improved for the past year,
and this LSR integration is just brilliant (however improvable).

Mats, if you happen to stumble upon snippets you find docs-worthy,
*please* give me a ping and I'll be happy to correct them, tag them,
and possibly even integrate them in the relevant NR subsections. Of
all of us, you are the most likely to know what users look for (or
don't) in the docs...

> 2)  somebody needs to make sure those snippets work and have good
> style

Yes, six months ago I ran a full LSR review but this should be done
again (not before I'm done with my opera though).

> 3)  the only two volunteers for LSR are doing more useful stuff
> (Neil as general fixit man, and Valentin slowly doing NR 1.8)

Thanks for the credit :)

I'm still maintaining the LSR and the bug tracker, though. And even if
I might seem distant, I'm never much far away (even when I might be,
I'm still working with LilyPond on a 18-hours-a-day basis...)

> The technical side is quite simple: a trusted LSR editor only
> needs to click something like 3-5 times make a snippet
> automagically appear in the docs.  The problem is simply finding
> volunteers.

Reinhold's "dynamics" snippet has been tagged as docs. It should
appear in the list within 48 hours or so. I remember having ruled this
one out because it was too large, too "non-minimalistic" for
documentation purposes.

> In this case, it should be removed from LSR and placed in
> input/new/.

Yeah, this is the part I'll have to postpone for now. This snippet (as
well as many others) is tagged as version-specific, which means we'll
be extra careful with it when the time comes.

Cheers,
Valentin