Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:49:19 -0700

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:47:28 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/8/17 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> > Why manually number the bars?  It's true that users can delete
> > them easily, but they should be very familiar with
> > one-bar-per-line by now.  I definitely like the explicit bar
> > checks, though.  :)
>
> Does that mean I should put back all the bar checks I removed from the
> snippets? ;)

No; the goal of a snippet is to show a single new feature; having
bar checks in there can confuse newbies.  That's also why I
discourage having slurs / accents / accidentals if they're not
relevant to the snippet in question.

The templates serve a different purpose, so the bar checks provide
a good reminder to newbies to add them in their own music.

Cheers,
- Graham