Re: indexing

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: indexing
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:47:43 +0100

Ralph, you wrote Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:07 PM

I've been indexing the Notation Reference sections as I learn they're ready - that is, announced as finished. I will check the Learning Manual files you mentioned. I do get them from Savannah. I don't have posting rights, as far
a I know, so I've been submitting them to Carl Sorensen. Do you have a
preference to whom I send the Learning Manual files?

I'd forgotten John Mandereau is currently reviewing Chapter 4 of the LM
so perhaps you could begin with Chapters 1-3 and send them to me
a file at a time.  If John is still reviewing Chapter 4 when you get to it
then send that file (tweaks.itely) direct to John so he can incorporate
it.  If he's finished by then you can send that to me too.

The LM is not organised by LilyPond notation topic like the NR; it is
organised rather by concept, with various bits of notation used as examples.
So it is very difficult to find a particular bit of notation, which you remember
seeing earlier, by simply looking at the TOC.  Hence the importance of
good and comprehensive indexing - that's why I asked you to do it.
Thanks for the help!

Trevor