Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: strk
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:36:16 +0100

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:49:11PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2008/11/25 Keith Weintraub <address@hidden>:
> > Folks,
> >  Anyone have an example (forgive me if I missed it in the docs) of just
> > chords
> > and lyrics?
> >
> > I don't want to worry about the notes and just want to put word phrases
> > more-or-less aligned with the correct measures.
>
> You do not need a music score typesetting system to do this, just use
> a word processor or a spreadsheet.
> What exactly do you think LP could be useful for?

Hey, don't be rude!
I need the same thing :)

I think LP is useful because I don't *always* want that, but just
as *one* of the outputs.

For example, I produced a sheet with  melody, harmony, bassline,
chords and lyrics.
For a single staff, it fits 2 A4, so it's nice and short.
With all staffs it needs 6 pages...

So, I was thinking I'd have a bass/chords/lyrics version (2 pages)
and a drum/chords/lyrics version (2 pages) and a melody/chords/lyrics
version (2 pages) and maybe (why not) a blank/chords/lyrics.
The latter would be nice to have to let me take notes with pencil
over the printed pages, for fixing interesting things I may find
while playing. Could also have a blank piano staff for that.

Now, the problem with the above is that I couldn't handle to make
the documetned "Devnull" approach work to hide the meoldy but still
have lyrics aligned. Does anyone have an example of that ?

The .ly file with all staffs (forgive me, drums are just a stub):
http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/tmp/amadomio.ly

--strk;