Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 14:27:49 +0200

2009/4/5 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> This looks very artificial...

Yes it does; however, it's the only non-breaking way I can see
(besides using a new symbol such as "&"). Granted, it is far-fetched.

c4 c &2
seems probably more natural (to me) than
c4 c 2
or even
c4 4 2
however, the cool part of the latter is the ability to have
c4 ~ 2.
(which is definitely awesome when you have to enter ties).

> Interesting.  I've no idea what you are talking about, but I conclude
> that you like to play terrorist video games.  This must be the
> post-composing phase where the strangest things can happen :-)

Oh yes. I've been waiting for four years to be able to play video
games and watch TV shows, so there's definitely some kind of a need
here :-)

Regards,
Valentin