Re: Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mu

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutopia?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:19:36 +0200

2009/4/16 Hajo Dezelski <address@hidden>:
>  - Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutopia?
>  - Are there any hidden fences which I am not able to see?
>  - Are the copyright-restrictions the reason for keeping scores hidden?
>  - Is Mutopia not worth contributing?
>  - Why is Mutopia not the official music code repository for Lilypond?

How could all Mutopia sources be updated to a recent version?
Impossible, I guess.

>  - Or am I misleaded?
>
> Ok, I must confess that sometimes it would be nice if for example
> corrections on a score could be managed by the one who put the music
> to Mutopia whithout having to ask Chris to do the "dirty" work.

Does Mutopia have any version control system? If I'm not wrong, it is
all email-based.

> OK, I also find the idea of Wilbert more than intriguing to use Google
> code as a base for scores including some versioning control.

Why it is intriguing for you? a CVS is better than none.

Sorry for making more questions than answering them. As I see it,
Mutopia looks more like an long-term storage than a live code
repository which is what lilypond sources need.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org