re: googlecode (was: Why do ...)

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: re: googlecode (was: Why do ...)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:24:28 +0200

Op donderdag 16 april 2009, schreef Hajo Dezelski:
> On topic: I havent worked with Google code yet (only with the other
> apps). Could you describe in short how you organized your workflow?

Googlecode works very easy. It provides a free SVN repository for code or
documentation that must have some free license. I develop the Frescobaldi
editor in a Googlecode repo, and also opened the LilyMusic project, at first
for myself to have a reliable and everywhere accessible place to write my
lilypond scores under version control. LilyMusic already has one other member
and everyone who wants to use it is welcome.

You can checkout the lilypond files with svn checkout and commit changes to
your local files with svn commit (if you have a google code account and are
member of a project). You then can just edit the .ly files with any editor.
The resulting files like PDF and MIDI must not be added to the repository, but
can instead be posted to sites like Mutopia, Icking Archive, or CPDL, etc.
To learn more about Subversion (svn) look at http://subversion.tigris.org/

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--