Re: Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mu

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutopia?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 04:08:23 +0000 (UTC)

Francisco Vila <paconet.org <at> gmail.com> writes:
> How could all Mutopia sources be updated to a recent version?
> Impossible, I guess.

Not impossible, but it would take a __lot__ of work.

> Does Mutopia have any version control system? If I'm not wrong, it is
> all email-based.

Subversion is used internally. It isn't open for public use as far as I know.
That said Chris gladly accepts updated scores (usually through email as you
say).

> Why it is intriguing for you? a CVS is better than none.

Other repositories somewhat similar to Wilbert's (Some googling involved):

http://code.google.com/p/lilymusic/
http://code.google.com/p/music-sheets/
http://github.com/horndude77/open-scores/tree/master
http://github.com/svenax/bagpipemusic/tree/master
http://github.com/xaviershay/sheets/tree/master
http://repo.or.cz/w/opera_libre.git
http://repo.or.cz/w/nenuvar.git

I'm sure there are more out there.

At least for me most of my stuff ends up in Mutopia eventually if possible.

-----Jay