Re: (de)cresendi syntax

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: (de)cresendi syntax
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:02:42 +0200

Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 schrieb Frédéric Bron:
> > Attached is a sample file to show how the definition of spanners could
> > work with my patch. I've also implemented two functions to give the text
> > of the spanner directly in the postfix call.
>
> When I look at your dynamic_spanners_postfix.pdf file, it seems to me
> that on the second line (with the functions that take the text as an
> argument), the cresc starts on the following note, not on the previous
> note. Am I wrong?

Hmm, no you are right. It seems that when using a music-function, the scheme
expression is:

  (make-music 'SequentialMusic
    'elements
    (list (make-music 'EventChord
            'elements
            (list (make-music 'NoteEvent
                    'duration (ly:make-duration 2 0 1 1)
                    'pitch (ly:make-pitch 0 0 0))))
          (make-music 'CrescendoEvent
            'crescendoText "blah.."
            'crescendoSpanner 'text
            'span-direction -1)))

i.e. the CrescendoEvent is outside the EventChord, while with a simple
definition like crxxx=#(make-music 'CrescendoEvent ...), it is inside the
EventChord:

  (make-music 'SequentialMusic
    'elements
    (list (make-music 'EventChord
            'elements
            (list (make-music 'NoteEvent
                    'duration (ly:make-duration 2 0 1 1)
                    'pitch (ly:make-pitch 0 0 0))
                  (make-music 'CrescendoEvent
                    'crescendoText "cresc."
                    'crescendoSpanner 'text
                    'span-direction -1)))

Does anyone have an idea how to create a function so that the return value is
inserted into the note event?

Cheers,
Reinhold

- --