Re: (de)cresendi syntax

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: (de)cresendi syntax
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:31:20 -0600

On 4/17/09 11:02 AM, "Reinhold Kainhofer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 schrieb Frédéric Bron:
>
> Hmm, no you are right. It seems that when using a music-function, the scheme
> expression is:
>
>   (make-music 'SequentialMusic
>     'elements
>     (list (make-music 'EventChord
>             'elements
>             (list (make-music 'NoteEvent
>                     'duration (ly:make-duration 2 0 1 1)
>                     'pitch (ly:make-pitch 0 0 0))))
>           (make-music 'CrescendoEvent
>             'crescendoText "blah.."
>             'crescendoSpanner 'text
>             'span-direction -1)))
>
> i.e. the CrescendoEvent is outside the EventChord, while with a simple
> definition like crxxx=#(make-music 'CrescendoEvent ...), it is inside the
> EventChord:
>
>   (make-music 'SequentialMusic
>     'elements
>     (list (make-music 'EventChord
>             'elements
>             (list (make-music 'NoteEvent
>                     'duration (ly:make-duration 2 0 1 1)
>                     'pitch (ly:make-pitch 0 0 0))
>                   (make-music 'CrescendoEvent
>                     'crescendoText "cresc."
>                     'crescendoSpanner 'text
>                     'span-direction -1)))
>

> Does anyone have an idea how to create a function so that the return value is
> inserted into the note event?

Reinhold, I didn't see you get an answer.

There are examples in the documentation for tweaks, which are how you get
something inserted in a 'NoteEvent.

I'm not sure if you wanted a way to get the CrescendoEvent inside the Chord,
as opposed to outside the chord.  I don't think you can put the
CrescendoEvent inside the NoteEvent.

HTH,

Carl