Re: Treating a tie as a slur

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Treating a tie as a slur
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:02:35 -0000

Johan Vromans wrote Sunday, November 14, 2010 12:36 PM

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Lilypond would see if that were the case.

What, are you implying that LilyPond should decide that
This seems haphazard to me. Perhaps I misunderstood your comment?

I don't know what exactly tieWaitForNote is supposed to do, but if it is
not set,

a~ b

should not be silently ignored, but issue a warning or error.

+1

I don't think we should silently turn a~ b into
a slur.  The user may have intended a~ a and
mistyped the a as b.  This should be indicated
back clearly as an error.

Trevor