Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:09:22 -0700

On 1/18/11 8:26 AM, "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> The following snippet is giving me the attached output w/ the soprano line
> shifted way up after the line break.  Is there any way to get the soprano
> correctly aligned (w/o changing the distance between systems - this minimal
> example approximates a larger one w/ many systems over several pages).
>
> \version "2.13.47"

Mike,

I got it to work successfully with the following change:

    \new Lyrics = sopranos \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN
      } { s1 }

The lyrics were still a little bit high, however.  It's almost like there's
a blank context hiding in the middle.  But I haven't been able to get rid of
that small amount of extra space.

HTH,

Carl