Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:47:23 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen <at> byu.edu> writes:

> On 1/18/11 8:26 AM, "Mike Solomon" <mikesol <at> ufl.edu> wrote:
> >
> > The following snippet is giving me the attached output w/ the soprano line
> > shifted way up after the line break.  Is there any way to get the soprano
> > correctly aligned (w/o changing the distance between systems - this minimal
> > example approximates a larger one w/ many systems over several pages).
> >
> > \version "2.13.47"
>
> Mike,
>
> I got it to work successfully with the following change:
>   [...]
> The lyrics were still a little bit high, however.

That's an effect of using the same spacing between the center of the staff and
the *baseline* of the lyrics whether they are above or below.

Maybe people who set things with lyrics will create a shortcut like this:

attachDown = \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing
       #'basic-distance = #3