Re: transpose

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: transpose
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:51:57 +0200 (CEST)

>>> Here is a beautiful example of something I've been suspecting for
>>> months.  No matter how fast I reply to a question in this list, my
>>> reply only reaches other recipients's mailboxes after several
>>> hours.  :-(
>>
>> I'm not sure if that's correct. I sent my original message at 17:00
>> but didn't reply until 20:38. The delay was therefore mine. (I'm
>> also replying to this message at 07:48 after receiving it at
>> 12:45!)
>
> Oh, I am not blaming you. My concern is, my reply was 15 minutes
> after your first message, and every single further answer seems to
> ignore that one.  That occurred _many_ times in this list, and it's
> really discouraging.  I can only guess the problem is that my own
> messages last hours to reach others.  Or maybe reading previous
> replies before writing a new one is not as common as I thought.

There was a problem with the gnu.org mailing lists, I think (or people
like me using a gnu.org email address).  For a longer time, no mails
were delivered at all, and later on, the mail backlog was delivered in
reverse order.

BTW, on other gnu.org lists like emacs-devel, it is common practise to
wait at least 24 hours for getting a response.  Comparing to that,
lilypond users and developers are extremely fast in replying...

    Werner