Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 09:19:06 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

> Architecturally it is very difficult. Rather than making lilypond much
> more complicated to do incremental rendering, why not invert the
> problem: have your editor control line breaks, and use lilypond to
> render just one line of music at a time.

This is exactly what Schikkers-List v0.0.3 does, as an obvious and
simple extention to the Ikebana prototype.

I'm now working on a new data structure which detaches rendering action
from the internal music structure.  That should enable using different
threads in the GUI for managing GUI updates and talking to the lilypond
server.  Which in turn will enable using parallel lilypond processes to
do bits of rendering.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl