Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:19:02 +0200

Il 27/08/2012 11:55, Davide Liessi ha scritto:

>  So I would use "estensore" or keep it untranslated.
>  What do you prefer?
Given what we all said, both "indicazione estesa" and "oggetto esteso"
are unsuitable, so I agree that these are the options.
In the end I prefer "estensore": I think the advantage of having a
translation is worth the risk that the translation could be slightly
misleading (given the fact that the term would be explained in detail
in the manuals).

Agreed.

>  Thanks for the feedback!
I've been using Lilypond for a couple of years and I think it really
is an amazing software.
I think that having a good translation of the manual is the best way
to help spreading the use of Lilypond, so I am happy this whole
discussion was useful.

As a side note, unfortunately in this period I don't have much spare
time, but in the future I really would like to actively help with the
translation.

Great, just write me an email when you have time to help.
I already have a precious proofreading help from Luca (who reads this mailing list but didn't join this discussion.. maybe it's in vacation), but of course more help is welcomed.

The maintenance of translated files has recently made easier and I hope I'll speed up the translation of Notation Reference in the coming months.

Ciao
--
Federico