Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:07:14 +0100

Paul Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Ideally the way to handle this *very* *very* marginal issue, would be
> to have the default settings for middleCPosition and clefPosition for
> each kind of clef, loaded at the staff level for each staff (as staff
> context properties?) where the user could override them for any given
> staff and clef.
>
> And... I think the phrase for that is "patches welcome" ?

Unlikely.  That sounds like a whole awful mess without any apparent
advantage.  If you want a differently located clef, define it with
another name rather than have particular staves messing with clef
positions.

"Patches welcome" is more for stuff that appears useful but is not
currently a goal for anybody.  Stuff that is likely to get
accepted/appreciated when a patch is actually presented.  So far I have
seen nothing suggesting that this would be the case here.

--
David Kastrup