Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:57:04 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
> I don't understand the problem.  I have no clue what you are trying to
> achieve and why.  You want some clefs to print different clefs than
> asked for when in a different staff.  Why?

Ok, sounds like my examples were too tiny to make things clear.  The custom
staves I'm working with are for some of the alternative/experimental music
notation systems like the ones shown here:
http://musicnotation.org/systems/

The notes are mapped to different staff positions than the standard ones,
and that means you also need custom clefs that work for that different
mapping.  (You have to set middleCPosition to get the notes in the right
place on the staff for a given clef, and clefPosition to put the clef in the
right place on the staff.)

Hopefully that clarifies what I'm talking about.  I am aware that it is a
very marginal use case.

-Paul