Re: Discussion: automatic engraving and single-source publishing

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Discussion: automatic engraving and single-source publishing
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:16:39 +0000

On 11/26/13 6:45 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Am 26.11.2013 14:41, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
>> It's more complex than having a single file that can be correctly
>> processed by lilypond, but it's doable with today's tools.
>
>Do you have actual experience how this setup behaves when you have to
>update the content?
>Having the branches like you do seems obvious to me. But does that mean
>that once I have to update the content (e.g. apply corrections) I will
>rebase the different 'layout' branches and check if everything is still
>ok?

Yes.  Every time the content branch is updated, the layout branches are
rebased.

This isn't as big a problem as it could be because I don't get to the
tweaks until the content is reasonably settled.

The more complex issue (which is probably unnecessary) is that I actually
have two branches for each layout.  One keeps the full history of commits;
the other is squashed to have only a single commit of difference from
layout.  I know it's not necessary, but I find it convenient to be able to
see all of the layout tweaks in a single commit on a git tree viewer.

Thanks,

Carl