Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:24:15 +0100

Philip Rhoades <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>

> On 2014-01-16 22:42, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Philip Rhoades <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> David,

>>> I recopied and pasted the whole snippet - which gives the same result
>>> as right-click and save.
>>>
>>> The original has:
>>>
>>>   #(let . .
>>>
>>>   http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=274
>>>
>>> but I get a GUILE error on that too . .
>>
>> I am not going to play guessing games as to what you copied and pasted
>> into what version of LilyPond with what exact error messages and/or
>> results.  As I stated, copying and pasting the original code posted in
>> this thread works just fine.
>

> I just did a diff on what is in the LSR and what Paul posted in his
> email - the differences are:
>
> - the LSR has a "#" instead of a "$" on the let
>
> - the LSR has a line (and closing brace): (ly:export
>
> => the LSR fails, Paul's doesn't, (FTR I am using 2.18.0).

So your first statement:

was wrong, and my guess

concerning your use of Paul's converted code was correct.  Like with
_any_ material prepared for an older version of LilyPond, you have to
run convert-ly on it before using it.  Which is just what Paul did in
order to arrive at "his" version.  Yes, this rewrites the Scheme
expression.

--
David Kastrup