Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:55:38 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
>>                  (make-event-chord
>>                   (list
>
> You can forego the above two lines (of course removing the respective
> closing parens later on) nowadays.

Hi David, Thanks for that tip.  I'll put it on my list to add this revised
2.18 version to the LSR (commented out) so that it will be ready for when
the next LSR update happens.

Maybe it would be good to add your other code as well in a new snippet since
it can generate the full range of chromatic notes, or really any given set
of notes, or range of notes, in a way that's more easily specified by the
user.

-Paul