Re: Henle Music font

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Henle Music font
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 21:38:26 -0006

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Nicolai Pfeffer <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Abraham!

I’m a clarinetist and music editor from Cologne, Germany and I’ve worked as an engraver for some of the major German publishing houses. I highly appreciate your effort of creating a Henle-like music font for public use. Since I presume that their current fonts are all copyrighted it might be best to imitate the old font from the Würzburg Stürtz engraving company. These engravers did most of the engraving for Henle until the late 1990s. Here you can find an example:

https://www.yumpu.com/de/document/view/10730737/pdf-dokument-in-der-staatlichen-bibliothek-passau/7

A closer look at a modern Henle edition (with the copyrighted fonts) can be made on:
http://www.henle.de/download//1198_Va1_Va2.pdf
or
http://www.henle.de/download/hoffm.pdf

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

All best wishes and many thanks!
Nicolai

___
Nicolai Pfeffer
Klarinettist
www.nicolaipfeffer.com
address@hidden

Nicolai,

Thank you for the information! Yeah, I think we don't want to imitate the current Henle font for the reasons you describe. Sounds like you have quite a lot of experience with Henle. I look forward to your feedback in the future!

Regards,
Abraham

P.S. Can anyone who has an interest in this comment on the scores that Nicolai mentioned? The more I look into Henle, the more font designs I discover.