Re: avoid merging stems

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: avoid merging stems
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:18:48 +0100

musicus wrote Sunday, June 14, 2015 12:16 PM

> I'd like to avoid "stem-merging" in measure 13 between the upper g2. and the
> first lower g4.
> Additionally I'd like to hide the stem of the first lower g4 in m.13 (should
> be no problem, if the stems don't merge).
> I tried a couple of things to achieve this, but unfortunately I don't find it.

I'm not sure what you want to do here - leave a g4 notehead with no stem?

> Plus, I have a question about the collision between accidentals and slurs.
> Is there a way to get the accidentals inside the slurs without shaping each
> of them?
> (\override Accidental.avoid-slur = #'inside doesn't help - i guess Standard
> Settings restrict the shaping of slurs to a limit?)

That's probably not the reason, more likely because an accidental is not an
articulation.  (The IR is a little misleading on this point.)

But increasing the demerit for a collision with an accidental seems to help:

\override Slur.details.accidental-collision = 100

Might need to play with the value if avoiding the collision is worse than
accepting
it in some of the cases.

Trevor