Re: Help with unexpexted double barline trouble and \markup

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Help with unexpexted double barline trouble and \markup
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:10:17 +0000

On 15 January 2016 at 15:58, Carl-Henrik Buschmann <address@hidden> wrote:

15. jan. 2016 kl. 15.32 skrev Chris Yate <address@hidden>:

On 15 January 2016 at 07:07, Carl-Henrik Buschmann <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm working on a lead sheet but being a novice i'm hitting my head against the wall at some noob problems.

Bar 1)
Stemlets. Do it have to be this hard creating them? Is there a way to make it global? Also, i want the stemlet to reach down towards the rest. How?
How do i make custom rehersal marks?
When using \markup { ... } the whole score looses it layout and to add insult it does not display any text. I must have done something wrong.

1) Stemlets: why do you want to write them like this? Normal quavers are fine
1) My experience is that reading rhythms with the stemlets over the rests helps alot. It is a tad "modern" but generally approved. Is there a way to make it global?

I'd agree that's the case for rhythms like ` a16 [ r b c ] d [ r c b ] ` but I don't *think* I've ever seen quavers written as you have done ` r8 [ a ] r [ b ] ` in commercial printed music. Just looks strange to me, but I appreciate you want it a certain way and that's fine.

As for making it global, I don't know of a way, but I am sure it's possible to write a function to make it happen. Not my expertise unfortunately.

Chris