fondu problems on El Capitan

From: Mats Behre
Subject: fondu problems on El Capitan
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 14:11:16 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone alse have problems with fondu on El Capitan?

I get errors like
        warning: `(fondu -force /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont)' failed (5)
when I try to compile a LilyPond file with some fonts. In this specific I am
successful when running fondu from the command line (so I can the install the
converted fonts), but for other fonts I get
        Can't find an appropriate resource fork in Humanst521RmBdBT.ffil
For those files I can run fondu on an older OS version (Snow Leopard), so the
files are OK.

That there is a difference between the two files is not a complete surprise, as
.dfont files don't have a resource fork, but for example Rezilla can read the
resource fork under El Capitan, so the problem seems to have to do with fondu
(both that it fails for the .dfont when it's run by LilyPond and that it
completely fails to read the resource fork).

I've run this with 2.18.2 (the stable version ...), but I tried the version of
fondu from 2.19.39, and it also can't read the resource fork.

Mats