Re: fondu problems on El Capitan

From: Mats Behre
Subject: Re: fondu problems on El Capitan
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 07:31:35 +0200

On 2016-04-04 01:27, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 4/2/16 2:41 PM, "Mats Behre" <address@hidden> wrote:

I actually did this, and with some googling I've found out that the
method for opening resource forks used in fondu - appending "/rsrc" to
the file name - stopped working already in 10.7 Lion. (This surprises me
a bit, I thought I'd used Lilypond successfully since then, but perhaps
not with resource fork fonts ...) Instead you must append
"/..namedfork/rsrc".

I have run the following code both under the OS X Liypond Editor and
Frescobaldi, with LilyPond 2.19.37 and OS X 10.8.5.

\header {
   composer = \markup  \right-align { \override #'(font-name . "Times
Bold") "Rodgers/Hart" }
}

\score{
   {c4}
\layout{}
}

It works properly on this system.  So either it worked beyond 10.7 or
there is something else going on.

That actually fits better with my memory, so either the source I found that
said it changed in 10.7 was wrong or (more likely) Apple kept supporting both
methods in a couple of OS versions.

When I tried to find the source again now I found this in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_fork:
"From the POSIX interface, the resource fork could be accessed as
filename/..namedfork/rsrc or as filename/rsrc; the shorter form was deprecated in OS X
10.4 and removed completely in Mac OS X 10.7.[citation needed]"
Unless you've done something special to your system this is obviously not
entirely correct ...

Mats