Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 07:23:16 -0400

Hi Martin,

> when I explored the effect of that setting, I wasn't sure the outcome is
> really that desirable

Wait… is your example **actually** what happens with Timing.beamHalfMeasure =
##f?
It’s awful. That should DEFINITELY not be the default.

In 3/4 time, my beaming is always in three pairs of eighths, unless the
following two conditions simultaneously apply:
    (1) all sixth eighth notes are present (i.e., no rests); and
    (2) I want the measure to be felt in one, not three.

Otherwise, it’s pairs of eighths beamed, or single eighths with rests in all my
scores.

Regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer