can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other Rehe

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other RehearsalMark items?
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 17:12:10 -0400

Hello,

I’ve got Lilypond note code which I want to reuse in multiple formats; for
example, I have musical theatre songs which I would like to have in their
original score format (using my custom musical theatre templates/stylesheets),
and then republish in “Piano/Vocal Selections” form (think Hal Leonard
stylesheet).

The global variable includes RehearsalMarks: score-wide text(s), signs (e.g.,
“D.C. al Coda”), rehearsal letters, and so on. In the songbook version, I’d
like to filter out the letters only, without having to use tags if possible. I
haven’t found any way of adjusting Score.markFormatter to accomplish the
desired effect. I tried adding

(define-public (format-mark-null mark context)
  (make-null-markup))

to scm/translation-functions.scm, but it throws an error. Is there an
incantation (either existing or easily added) that will accomplish what I need?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info