Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other RehearsalMark items?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 12:54:14 +0200

> Hi Harm,
>
> On Aug 3, 2016, at 1:05 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Regarding scheme, there is no difference.
>
> So
>
> (1) the leading hash (which your example has and mine doesn’t) makes no
> difference; and

The hash isn't a scheme-thingy here in a .ly-file! It just tells the
_LilyPond_-parser "scheme follows".
But if you use it this way in a .scm-file it throws an error.

> (2) the functions ‘define' and 'define-public' are identical

>From the guile manual:
— syntax: define-public ...

Equivalent to (begin (define foo ...) (export foo)).

Practical meaning: a procedure defined by `define-public' in a
.scm-file is usable in .ly-files.
Which wouldn't be the case for simple use of `define'.
Other from that no difference.

So it usually makes no sense to use `define-public' _in_ a .ly-file,
it doesn't hurt either, though.

> ?
>
> Perhaps learning Scheme is going to be even more confusing than I feared…  =(

Regarding your desired usage I still think there's no scheme-problem,
but something else.

Cheers,
  Harm