Re: StaffGroup bracket cut off by lilypond-book (issue 720)

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: StaffGroup bracket cut off by lilypond-book (issue 720)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 21:08:10 +0200

Hi Kieren,

thank you very much.

> 1. Using Frescobaldi (or, of course, just Lilypond by itself), generate the
> music score as a PDF.
>
> 2. Using TeXShop, compile the following template

> \setmainfont{Crimson Text}

This is a nice font! I like it.

> 3. Enjoy the fruits of the labours of many, many brilliant programmers.  ;)

> I don’t use pdfcrop — I simply have Lilypond output the PDF file at the
> desired final output size.

This means, you have to choose the height and width of the \paper for
every snippet? I am thinking about small scores of one or two measures
or perhaps two lines.

> My current .ly template system is very [indeed, overly] complex,
> non-documented, etc., and so I wouldn’t inflict it on you. (I have the
> ongoing intention of simplifying all my templates and stylesheets, getting
> them into version control, and sharing them with the whole ‘Pond… but I seem
> to have the enviable obstacle that I’m constantly working on composing new
> commissions, so my “spare time” is very limited.)

I am always interested in how others (especially experts like you) do
things with lilypond and in further insights. But what you described
here, is fully sufficient to answer my question.

What I still don't get is how the size of the lilypond snippet is set
without much try-and-error to produce a pdf with equal and consistent
whitespace around each snippet. Or do you only include full pdf pages?

Thanks again,
Joram