Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:20:23 -0400

Hi David,

I have no idea how you actually call "seems to work",
namely just _how_ you want self-alignment-X to get factored in,
considering that the whole point of the dynText function is
to figure out an alignment yielding a text-dependent reference point.

Sorry I haven't been clear.

Here is a concrete description/example of what I want, and what I would say "works":

1. Attached is a screenshot of a current score I'm engraving.

2. I've used \dynText to create the dynamic "mp intensely".

3. Since the layout is such that this falls at the very end of a system, it messes up the horizontal spacing.

4. Using the edition-engraver, I'd like to set self-alignment-X = #RIGHT (which would allow the note spacing to normalize) and then use either X-offset or extra-offset to nudge the dynamic back to the right (to approximate the "proper" alignment). If I can do that, the mechanism (i.e., function + post-hoc tweak) "works".

that is something you need to figure out before even starting to "poke around".

Although I clearly did not communicate my intention well enough, I knew *exactly* what I wanted before I started poking around.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info