Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 18:46:24 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>> As long as you refuse to answer the question I have repeated
>> at least 3 times by now, there is no implementable specification.
>>
>> You have again _completely_ failed to specify what you actually expect
>> self-alignment-X to do over its range of values in the context of \dynText .
>
> I expect (have *always* expected) self-alignment-X to do exactly what
> it currently does over its range of values in the context of \dynText:
> LEFT should left-align the grob, CENTER should center-align the grob,
> and RIGHT should right-align the grob.

To quote from the original mail starting this thread:

    Hi all,

    In the snippet below, I want to tweak a dynamic grob created using
    Shevek's dynText function
    (cf. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-07/msg00043.html).
    But unfortunately, tweaks don't seem to affect it.

    How can I change the function such that I can still apply tweaks
    (X-offset, self-alignment-X, etc.) to the combined dynamic-text grob
    "at runtime"?

    %%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
    \version "2.19.64"

[...]

    { c''1-\tweak self-alignment-X #RIGHT \dynText "mp" "test" }
    %%%  SNIPPET ENDS

> If that doesn't answer your question, I too must give up.

That makes two of us.

--
David Kastrup