Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 21:23:31 +0100

I did a music degree as a mature student a year or so ago.  Sibelius was not compulsory - you could hand in a composition in any form you wanted, although a "recording" was often required and Sibelius's ability to generate highish quality MP3s was of benefit.  The real issue was that in the weekly 2 hour composition class you were expected to work on your composition with feedback from the tutor, and the college computers only supported Sibelius for this.  Thus if you wanted to work outside class, Sibelius was essentially compulsory.  I bought and still use the educational licence - quite  a lot of music on IMSLP is in Sib format so it's convenient to have a copy of the program.  Others on this forum have also benefitted from my ability to read that format.

--
Phil Holmes