Re[2]: Slurs do not work with Larsen articulations

From: Trevor
Subject: Re[2]: Slurs do not work with Larsen articulations
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:27:39 +0000

Robert Hickman wrote 25/04/2018 19:16:41

It is quite apparent that this wasn't written for random access and I
feel that websites are much more effective and user friendly if they
are.
Whether it is apparent to you or not I can tell you categorically as one
of the original authors what the intention was.  The Learning Manual
was intended to be read sequentially from start to finish to establish
the basic essential knowledge.  The Notation Reference was intended
to be exactly what it's title says - a reference manual to be accessed
directly as needed to look up points of detail - after the Learning Manual
has been digested.

This is pretty much what appears as the very first sentence in the NR:

"This manual provides a reference for all notation that can be produced
with LilyPond version 2.19.81. It assumes that the reader is familiar
with the material in the Learning Manual."

"It's easy to wave your hands and say "not good, I
want you all to redo it better" but that will not result in changes
getting done,"

I assume that the project still has contributors who work on the
documentation? It dosn't really matter if they are the original
authors of it. I'm not saying that it is terible, but making some
points about things that confused me, and how they could be resolved.
Actually, not.  The documentation is far from perfect, but no one
is actively working on documentation ATM.  Old stagers like me
sort of lost interest or became discouraged by the battles required to
force changes through the system.

Trevor