Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords

From: 70147persson
Subject: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:37:20 +0200

How do I get the dots follow the notes? The normal way for LilyPond is to merge (dotted) notes if they have the same pitch, the stems are different and the note heads are equal. I search for a way to disable this merge. I want the notes and chords stand beside each other, but have not found any method for it. The notes can be separated via the property force-hshift in the NoteColumn interface. However the dots line up in a common column, and I have not found any method to have them stay attached to the note they belong to, hence separate the dot column. Is there a method not discovered by me?

Here is a small snippet with some of the settings I have tested without achieving what I wish, the upper dots should stand immediately to the right of their cord <f a>:

\version "2.18.2"

\new Staff {
  \relative c'
  <<
    \new Voice {
      \voiceOne
      <f a>2. f4
      \override Staff.NoteCollision.prefer-dotted-right = ##f
      <f a>2. f4
      \override Staff.NoteCollision.prefer-dotted-right = ##t
      <f a>2. f4
    }
    \new Voice {
      \voiceTwo
      \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.7
      <d f>2. f4
      <d f>2. f4
      <d f>2. f4

/Kaj