Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords

From: 70147persson
Subject: Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 01:43:49 +0200

Hi David,

This was an interesting solution, which indeed produces the image I am looking for. Well the MIDI-file does not sound as expected, but that is not a too big problem. One often has to produce two different scores anyway, one for the layout and one for the midi. Well, this was an interesting solution.

You talk about built in experiences in LP. May it be so, but I am a little surprised that the authors have prepared methods to force merging, like different heads or different dots to merge, but no solution for the other way, NOT to merge. I can tell that this case is not completely unusual. We often see that in note sheets we buy to the choir from our suppliers. Those sheets are of course not produced by LilyPond.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Kaj