Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:22:14 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I think it is related to the \consists Dot_column_engraver which is attached
by default to the staff. You'd need to add it in the voice context instead:

\version "2.18.2"

\new Staff {
  \relative c'
  <<
    \new Voice \with {\consists Dot_column_engraver} {
      \voiceOne
      <f a>2. f4
      <f a>2. f4
      <f a>2. f4
    }
    \new Voice \with {\consists Dot_column_engraver} {
      \voiceTwo
      \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #2
      <d f>2. f4
      \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #2
      <d f>2. f4
      \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #2
      <d f>2. f4

Though I don't know why my solution miss a dot in the second chors... You
can look  here
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/temporarily-disable-Dot-column-engraver-td163547.html>

for more information. I asked a similar question not long ago.

Cheers