warning: no PostScript font name for font `/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi

From: Jonathan Chen
Subject: warning: no PostScript font name for font `/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenB24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:51:32 +1200

Hi,

I've just returned to using lilypond 2.18.2 after a break, and I now
find if I compile any of my existing .ly files, I get a scree of
errors, eg:
warning: no PostScript font name for font
`/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenB24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'
warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name
warning: MetronomeMark has empty extent and non-empty stencil.
warning: no PostScript font name for font
`/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenB24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'
warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name
warning: MetronomeMark has empty extent and non-empty stencil.
warning: no PostScript font name for font
`/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenR24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'
warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name
warning: BarNumber has empty extent and non-empty stencil.
warning: no PostScript font name for font
`/usr/local/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenR24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'

I've had a quick look on Google, but have had little luck on finding
the definite solution/workaround for this.

The closest solutions I've found is to add:
\paper
{
  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree
      "Times New Roman"
      "Nimbus Sans,Nimbus Sans L"
      "Luxi Mono"
      (/ staff-height pt 20)))
}

but the resulting fonts for the title and expressive marks look
extremely terrible.

Does anyone have a definitive solution?

Cheers.
--