Re: Combining full bar rests with omitted grobs in between

From: Saul Tobin
Subject: Re: Combining full bar rests with omitted grobs in between
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 15:40:28 -0700

I wrote a function that does something similar to what you need. There may be newer or better ways to do it, but it's what I use.

Saul

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:12 AM, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,
is there a way to combine the two full bar rests in one multimeasure
rest in the following example?

\version "2.19.81"
\new Staff <<
  \compressFullBarRests
  {
    s1
    \once \omit Score.MetronomeMark
    \tempo "test"
  }
  {
    R1*2
  }

Use case: I have all tempo marks for the full score and parts in one
variable, but I need to hide a couple of tempo marks in one of the
parts (requested by the conductor).

I tried the approaches mentioned in the thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-11/msg00267.html
but they didn't work, probably because omitting the grob only makes it
invisible and with null extent but does not delete it.

Is there a solution?
Is there a way to actually delete an omitted grob?

Best wishes.
Davide