Re: Fingering position in polyphony face to sharp glyph. Bug?

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Fingering position in polyphony face to sharp glyph. Bug?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 03:10:06 -0700 (MST)

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> I went to the issue tracker so this doesn’t get lost – it seems to be
> related to or a subset of
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3692/>.

Hi Simon,

While the descriptive title "Fingering collision with accidentals" of issue
3692 more or less describes our current problem, I think this has to be
technically separated.

Fingering positions at the left concerned:
1. Why aren't the numbers placed below the accidental even if there's plenty
of space?
2. Why do numbers above an accidental overlap?

This strange effect can be perfectly explained when assuming that horizontal
positioning is done in a state where the numbers still sit on their
baselines and these baselines are at the height of their corresponding
notehead.
After horizontal positioning, these numbers will be centred vertically, i.e.
shifted down by half a staff-space (because they happen to be about a
staff-space high).
This shift will make them either overlap an accidental below or create an
unnecessary gap.

I've tried to illustrate this in the following PDF:
test-accidental-fingering2.pdf
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/test-accidental-fingering2.pdf>

I think this should get its own tracker issue.

All the best,
Torsten