Re: How to create an installer from the Lilypond build tree?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: How to create an installer from the Lilypond build tree?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:10:57 +0200

Il giorno sab 18 ago 2018 alle 21:44, Engraver <"partitura.org"@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hallo all,

I have a (rooted) Android tablet, on which I run Linux Debian by means of an app called Linux Deploy. The debian repositories for the ARMv7 (or armhf) chipset only contain Lilypond 2.18.2. That served me well for quite some time. However, the Edition Engraver requires at least Lilypond 2.19.xx, so I decided to try and build Lilypond on my tablet. I cloned the Lilypond source code and after several hours of painstakingly apt-getting al required dependecies (and googling for the correct packages names, since they're not always self-evident) the build process succeeded. So I have now a Lilypond version 2.21.0 suitable for the armhf architecture. Installing it was as simple as typing 'make install'. What I'd like to know: is there a way to create an installer, so that I can run that when something goes wrong with my current Linux installation? And of course, if someone is interested in a recent Lilypond build for armhf (though I suspect the possible user base is quite small...), I'd love to share it. That is, if there is a way to create an installer; it's not practical to zip/tar the build-tree and share that.

Regards,
Auke

Hi Auke

I guess you are using Debian Jessie (oldstable)?
If you upgrade to Stretch and add the stretch-backports repository, you'll get 2.19.x versions. See here:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=lilypond