Re: How to create an installer from the Lilypond build tree?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: How to create an installer from the Lilypond build tree?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:07:37 +0200

Il giorno dom 26 ago 2018 alle 8:33, Partitura Organum <address@hidden> ha scritto:

On 24-8-2018 20:06, Karlin High wrote:

Possible starting point for research:

<https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging>

Thanks for the pointer. Looks complicated, though with some study it should be doable.

Remember that a lilypond deb package already exists.
I have zero experience with Debian packaging and a little experience with Fedora packaging, but I guess they work similarly. In theory, you should install some tools, download some configuration files, edit a few lines to change the lilypond version and run the build. But you may run in dependency problems.

The reason of the confusion in the version name is explained here:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lilypond/commit/08eac13f08220c425f0151ed7c5dcb8ecb53edaa

Other useful links:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lilypond (see the debian directory)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwj_1uaOwI3dAhVjxIsKHTICBUsQFjAAegQICBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.debian.org%2Fdoc%2Fmanuals%2Fpackaging-tutorial%2Fpackaging-tutorial.en.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0hfOqKt87qwmRFT-9VedKK

Good luck
Federico