Lyrics placement

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Lyrics placement
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 15:18:39 -0500

All,

Every so often LP does something so unexpected I have no idea how to trouble-shoot it. I have a score with this structure (simplified - this structure is a Frescobaldi standard SATB with piano reduction Wizard output):

%Voices
/soprano
/also
/tenor
/bass %Temp lyrics (see below) here
%keyboard
/pRHTop
/pRHBottom
/pLHTop
/pRHBottom
%staves
sopranoStaff = {
  \new Staff { /sopraon }
}
altoStaff = {
  \new Staff { /alto }
}
tenorStaff = {
  \new Staff { /tenor }
}
bassStaff = {
  \new Staff { /bass }
}
pianoReduction = \new PianoStaff <<
 {
    <<
      \new Voice = "1" \rightHandTop }
      \new Voice = "2" \rightHandBottom }

  }
  \new Staff {
    \clef bass
    <<
      \new Voice = "1"  \leftHandTop }
      \new Voice = "2"   \leftHandBottom }

  }

%score
\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \sopranoStaff
    \altoStaff
    \tenorStaff
    \bassStaff
    \pianoReduction

  \layout { }
  \midi { }
}

I have a temp polyphonic voice with temp lyrics in the VOICE bass part for the last four measures of the work:

  << { \voiceOne
       fs8\!\p fs fs fs |
       g2 ~ |
       g4 g |
       fs2 \fermata
     }
     { <<
       \new Voice = "bassTemp" {
       \voiceTwo
       b,8\p b, b, b, |
       as,4 as,  |
       b,8 g d cs |
       b,2 \fermata
       }
       \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bassTemp" {  O mag -- num mys -- ter -- i -- um mys -- ter -- i -- um }

     }
  >> \oneVoice

Engraving produces no errors, but LP puts the the lyrics for "bassTemp" below the piano reduction staff and not below the voice staff where this code is. I use "\new Voice = "bassTemp"" nowhere else in the code.

image.png

Any ideas on how I can code this so avoid such an error in lyric placement is appreciated.

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden