Re: Why no numbers allowed in variables?

From: immanuel litzroth
Subject: Re: Why no numbers allowed in variables?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 18:05:43 +0200

I also miss numbers in variables and some kind of scoping for variables.
Immanuel

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:45 PM Maarten Deen <address@hidden> wrote:
Why are there no numbers allowed in variable names? I like to have some
kind of descriptive name for parts of the scores that I make in
Lilypond, and not having the possibility to use numbers in a snippet
name is a bit awkward. I make do with Roman numerals to get partI,
partII, partIII, partIV etc, but now I have Haydn's 104th symphony,
making SCVI-partI etc.

Regards,
Maarten