Re: \acciaccatura collision

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: \acciaccatura collision
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 09:14:42 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Robert Blackstone wrote:

Hi Martin,

The easiest way I can think of is \stemUp for the “main notes”. But maybe this
is undesirable in the context of your score.

That will not work. There are some passages high above the staff (piano score, upperstaff) in my score.

%%%%

\version "2.19.82"

\score {
\new Staff {
  \repeat unfold 8 { a'8 b' \acciaccatura c'' d'' e'' }
}
\layout {}
}

%%%%%%

gives collisions between the acciaccatura's slur and the following stem. Is
such a collision OK, is it a bug I should report, and/or is it something I
can/should fix with some kind of tweak? If so how?

I have numerous such collisions in a score I'm engraving.