Re: \acciaccatura collision

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \acciaccatura collision
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 09:07:42 -0400

Hi again,

Sorry. The tweak you want in order to solve the problem you were having is this
one:

   \repeat unfold 7 { a'8 b' \acciaccatura { c'' } \tweak extra-spacing-width
#'(-0.5 . 0) d'' e'' }

The advantages as listed in the previous email still hold.  =)

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin,
>
>> Following up my own question. I finally found a workaround that
>> 1. prevents the collisions
>> 2. doesn't require me to drastically change my page layout and spacing.
>>
>> The collision between the acciaccatura's slur and the following stem can be
>> prevented by simply adding an invisible rest. The amount of shifting can be
>> regulated by varying the length of the invisible rest.
>
> My preference would be to use a presentation-layer (as opposed to
> content-layer) tweak:

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden